Coping with Covid: The hidden cost to UK businesses
key update from John Bridge OBE DL
Well-being and the mental health of all our staff teams is so important at the present time following the challenges of Covid over such a long period. To help us focus on the part we need to play to support and help those affected I wanted to share with you a Coping with Covid report which has just been published.
Westfield Health, one of our key partners, have just released a report examining the impact of Covid on mental wellbeing in workplaces across England, how presenteeism is masking poor mental health, as well as offering practical advice for managers on how to spot the signs that someone may be struggling and build a supportive culture.
Key findings include:
Read the report here for full details on the findings, as well as tips for supporting your people and spotting behavioural changes.
- Mental health days cost the economy £14bn last year
- Days off due to mental health increased by 10%
- 36% of employees say their mental health affects their productivity on a weekly basis
- Employees may be struggling in silence. 35% of employees reported mental wellbeing as ‘not good’ or ‘not good at all’, compared to only 7% of HR leaders
- 25% of employees are looking for extra wellbeing support from their employer in the coming months.